Friday, March 13, 2009

Beginnings . . .

People often ask me, "How did you get involved in all this kinky stuff?" Well, I don't really know. Depending on the climate and the inquirer, I deflect this question many ways.

Sometimes I blame an old kinky boyfriend, but he really cannot take credit for all the trouble I've gotten myself into--and by trouble, I mean fun of course. Considering all he did was blindfold me and torture me with a feather tickler. This is not to say they weren't a lot of other things going on too, but he wanted to introduce me slowly into this world. It turned out to be too slow and really should not have been spent on the submissive side of things, but I would have rather it been this way then some of the other trully horrid stories I've heard.

Other times I think of the first time I felt a cock in my hand and how good it felt. Then I think about the first time I held a whip in my hand and how RIGHT it felt.

Then there are just logistics. A few years ago in Philly, I knew a pro-domme, and had we both stayed in Philly, I probably would have deepened our friendship and eventually gone to work with her at her commercial dungeon, but we both moved on. Suddenly, I was unemployed and in Los Angeles; while surfing through CL for jobs, I remembered how "I always wanted to do that" so I googled "dungeon" with my zip code. It turns out there is a dungeon right around the corner! Welcome to LA! A couple of weeks later, I was sitting in a parlor getting interviewed. I was hired on the spot as a submissive with the promise I would be working my way up as I gained professional experience. The next day, I was on the Strip in Fredericks of Hollywood buying cheap corsets and white shoes.

For some reason, I thought I had to have a white collar. During the next week, I visited every single sex toy shop in Los Angeles--none of them had a white collar, not even Petco. I had to special order it from leatheretc.

How I rose up from sub to switch-in-training to switch to Domme is another matter, but this is a good start to my beginnings.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.