Friday, April 10, 2009

Saturn Returns

Interesting things happen when you are a woman in Los Angeles. Saging becomes part of your cleaning routine, strappy high heels become routine for daytime wear, Thai massages, highlights, dating actors--but when you turn 27 one of your Beautiful Lady friends hands you a well-thumbed copy of Surviving Saturn Returns.

This is an astrological event that occurs every 27-30 years, and much like El Nino can be blamed for a multitude of things such as love life, job change, etc.

I'm technically a little too early for a true Saturn Returns. But I'm so wise beyond my years I think I'm getting it early. Or maybe I'm just getting caught up with my friends' Saturn Returns.

Regardless, the last few months have been about a lot of loss in the frienship/BDSM department. Two of my dearest Beautiful Ladies moved out of LA; two others retired from professional Domme life; with one I lost the privilege of using her amazing studio. A couple of other Dommes I know socially have similarly retired or withdrawn themselves from the gawking public eye. The recession is felt all over.

I've been feeling a bit Jaded. I've been reconnecting and making new friends in the literary world where I hail from. Some of you have noticed that I haven't been posting as much or responding to e-mails as quickly--for that I do apologize.

I do not see myself hanging up my paddle any time soon, but I don't think I'll be in LA forever. Of course I've been saying that since I got here and I have made absolutely no remote plans to move. It's rather fun here. I love the weather and the farmer's markets.

On a more upbeat note, I do have a couple of very exciting, big things in the hopper that I'm dying to announce, but shall be revealed in due time.

No comments: