Wednesday, December 24, 2008

New Hope, PA

Today I hung out with a friend who paid someone else to torture him (gasp! the horror) as he finished up his tattoo. It was nice to finally put a face to a name, as he had been seeing Tony of the Lion's Den II for over a year to work on his various pieces. I read poetry in the lobby making fun of all the flash in my mind, until finally the conversation in the back brought me behind swinging doors. Politics. Economics. Revolution. Where is it? I liked Tony a lot; balls to the wall guy I can drink with and discourse. Although, I guess we got a little too passionate about the topic of conversation at the expense of the poor friend. I've never been tattooed, but I can only imagine it gets rougher when the artist is also vehemently opposed to corporate bailout co-existing with holiday bonuses and lavish parties, oh and forced foreclosure in Detroit. I am quite the sadist.

On the wall, there was a photocopy of an article from Good Housekeeping 1955 entitled "How to be a Good Wife". It ruffled my feminist feathers, but if you just replace "wife" with "slave" it pleases the Mistress--a later post to follow.

Afterward we went to Le Chateau Exotique where I got my braided flogger from last year. It was a little amusing to me to see brands like Syren and Stockroom tucked away in this tiny cottage-style of a store in a small, artsy town. This store definitely rivals Los Angeles in terms of quality and quantity of toys, media and fetish wear. There was another braided flogger I had never seen before, where the tails were flat braided rather than a round shape. Consider it on my wishlist. my friend offered good advice going into a kinky store where sensual overload is bound to occur and wanting nearly every beautiful, torturous implements: ask the staff what you can't find any where else.

1 comment:

Mithras said...

Welcome to the Philly area! And yes, Chateau is an amazing store. It's not just the selection, or Joy and the staff, but the prices are great, too.