Friday, December 5, 2008

Hard Candy movie review

Ever since Juno, I have had a crush on Ellen Page. I have had Hard Candy on my must-see list for awhile and I finally watched it this week.

In short, "Hayley" is my fourteen year old spirit-teenager. I love strong, intelligent, diabolical female characters. Hayley thinks that photographer Jeff is a pedophile and seeks to expose him and make him confess his crimes over a day of interrogation, verbal humiliation and my favorite, CBT, or more specifically castration.

As the movie progresses Hayley continually mind-fucks Jeff, lying to him, getting him to confess his sins, in a vicious and tantalizing game.

This movie was a wonderful psychological thriller. What a relief that teenage girls are more capable then just picking out lip gloss and flirting with boys--they do just fine putting the pedal the medal torturing handsome young photographers too.

Yet another mainstream movie that has inspired me for an interrogation scene and let's not forget castration . . .

No comments: