Thursday, September 18, 2008

Aural Sex--my brain crush on Midori continues

Sometimes I wish I wrote a more political blog, where I could rant and rave about all these ridiculous things going on, but I try to curtail this blog to topics relating to BDSM and my activities as a pro-domme.

But seriously, what is with Sarah Palin?

I was listening to Morning Becomes Eclectic , my favorite morning radio show as it contains actual news and great music, not some stupid morning crew talking about whatever celebrity is in jail or whatever hot intern they used to have, and they were talking about Palin's affect on the polls. Apparently, there has been a shift of white women voters toward the Republicans. I damn near crashed my car. But I think they are counting their eggiweggs a little too soon, since single women are one of the largest demographics to not actually vote.

Here's another feminist's opinion, Gloria Steinam's op-ed in LA Times on Palin.

But on to one of my favorite women. On Wednesday, I went to Midori's class on aural sex at the Pleasure Chest. Not my first pick, but the only one I could get to this week. This is my fourth Midori class, the others were CBT, erotic humiliation and body harness workshop. Although I consider myself pretty well-versed in erotic story telling and sexy voice modulation--I am after all a poet, I think this class served well for most people. We are all so goddamn busy busy and mechanical and secretive and typiety type! Slow down, tell your lover exactly what you want.

Midori is also offering other classes at this luxury store I never knew about, Coco de Mer. They have some really lovely items, but the kinky bibliophile that I am truly loves their collection of vintage erotica!

She is always such a pleasure, and I highly recommend her workshops from novice to expert. I wish I could reach more novices to attend her classes because she is just so warm and funny as an instructor. (I assume if you are reading this, you are at least a little bit dirty and kinky :) But what really amused me about this class was her suggestion to use "Palin" as a safe word! I damn near fell off my chair! Really, she suggested to use Palin as a verb for something terrible, much like Dan Savage's "santorum".

Oh Midori, I have a brain crush on your delightfully dirty and intelligent ways!

No comments: