Saturday, July 5, 2008

Ain't No Pain like Champagne!

A friend invited me to a party at the beach for 4th of July along with other very attractive ladies. I love that since I have moved to LA, I tend to arrive with Beautiful Ladies en masse. This time one of the Beautiful Ladies brought her accordian and played Dresden Dolls' Coin-Operated Boy in the limo.

Entering the house, I saw my future my coffee table. A beautiful mannequin dressed like a dominatrix with a glass topper. I never envied a coffee table's boots before.

It was just such a pleasant day, going down to the beach and frolicking in the waves, drinking Dom Perignon and eating this amazing soul food. I'm not really a mac'n'cheese kinda gal, but this was superb.

Also, I fell in love with a band, Dropjoy from San Diego, who played a set. It's been so long since I've seen a really great modern rock'n'roll band that wasn't a regurgitation of every thing I've ever seen since I was going to shows in junior high. Oh, Dropjoy, why are you so far away from me!

I'm not a fan of fireworks, but I walked down to the beach to view them with my friends. We sang the Star-Spangled Banner which gave me mixed feelings. Great song, we knew all the words--why can't I feel that way anymore? I'm sad to say this is not the land of the free, possibly for some of the brave, but certainly not free.

But to end on a pleasant note, Cousin Lovers closed out the night. I love the fiddle. It took all my strength not to scream out my request for Devil went Down to Georgia, but a love song was dedicated to us, all the Beautiful Ladies on the couch.

Thank you everyone for such a lovely 4th of July!

1 comment:

Etienne said...

Justine! Dropjoy bassist here :) Still love reading your little tribute to Dropjoy. Thank you. We're still rocking hard. You should come check us out again.

dropjoy.com