Saturday, June 28, 2008

Masque

This was my first time attending Masque. I must say, I really enjoyed this event. What an excellent idea to have a "black-tie" fetish event dinner show. I love good food, entertainment and kinky beautiful people.

Prior to this event, I got into my head that I really wanted to be a unicorn, but decided it was too complicated to do well with such a short amount of time. For now I decided to go like Audrey Hepburn from Breakfast at Tiffany's, very classic with a simple black dress and a black pearl necklace.

Imagine my surprise when the ringmaster/MC Prince Poppycock burst out into song: The Last Unicorn! One of my favorite childhood animations and the music is so enchanting as well. During a performance, I find the Prince at the bar and tell him how much I loved his rendition of The Last Unicorn and how I wanted to be a unicorn. He told me that he was looking for someone to be a unicorn but we agreed that is a pretty difficult costume to pull off properly. Oh, Poppycock, I want to be your last unicorn!

No comments: