Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Veronica Mars

I haven't had cable in over five years, so I'm a little delayed on what all the kids are watching these days. Rebekah Thorne introduced me to Veronica Mars, the series about a high school female detective working on small investigations and ultimately solving the murder of her best friend. We tried to play it cool, but I give up, I love this show. It's all too rare to find a strong, likable female character on television. and I dig her. She sticks to her convictions, doesn't take any shit and faced with the decision of siding with her friends or her dad, she sides with her father leading to isolation in her high school. I love her snarky, borderline verbal domination skills. I love that she stuck by her father and does whatever the hell she wants to do anyway. I love that she does some pretty gusty stuff for a teenager. I love the opening song, "We Used to be Friends" by Dandy Warhols.

No comments: