Sunday, February 15, 2009

Rubberotica


Meh.

My date and I slither in, shiny and slick in our red and black latex, go up to the bar, and he orders me my standard jack and coke; he wants absinthe and the bar tender tells him he needs to go to the other side of the bar. So he walks over there and another bar tender says, No, you have to go over there, meaning inside the playroom. Oh, that empty space guarded by a velvet rope and extra large bouncer? We didn't notice that the VIP ticket included exclusive access to the absinthe bar. RIDICULOUS. The bartender was so kind as to get him some anyway.

As per every major fetish event in Los Angeles, the promoters insist they will enforce strict dress code and no cameras. So why does every single event I attend inevitably include some lame ass guys in jeans and t-shirts taking photos with their phones? GET THE FUCK OUT. WHO LETS YOU IN? WHY MUST YOU ANNOY ME?

KinkEvents explains it well here, but why do I still see the same infractions over and over again?

I can understand the playroom and roped off section as being VIP, but really must the Elizabethan theater policy extend to the couches along the wall?

The highlight of my evening came from wandering over to the complimentary lube station by Syren. What a clever idea. How I loved being shined up by some Beautiful Ladies also wearing latex. I'm still moist. But I also very much enjoyed the couple who performed suspension bondage. They had a lovely chemistry; erotic, safe and perfectly balanced D/s.

At the end of the night, I found myself sorely wishing for Club Hell, where there are multiple wonderful performers, places to sit and congregate and tons of kinky people, which is why I can't wait to go next week.

I hope the Fetish Ball is better tonight, but I will not be attending.

No comments: